Swancon Code of Conduct, Accessibility, and Anti-Harassment Policies
Code of Conduct
1. Attendees must wear their Swancon 41 convention badge at all times when within the convention venue.
2. If it is illegal outside the convention, it is illegal inside the convention.
3. Behaviour at Swancon shall not be aggressive, offensive or harassing. Please see the Anti-Harrassment Policy for further information.
4. When in the common space of the convention venue, you should dress appropriately for a public, child friendly, event.
5. Children remain the responsibility of a responsible adult member of the convention. Children under the age of 12 must remain under the direct care of a responsible adult. Some program items may be marked “Adults Only”, these items are unsuitable for underage members.
6. Weapons or replica weapons are not permitted unless authorised by the committee. These conditions will typically include peace binding where appropriate.
7. Merchandise is only to be sold in designated dealers areas. The Swancon committee may make the decision that any merchandise is inappropriate for sale or display within the convention area. This may include, but is not limited to, copyright infringing and pornographic material.
8. Photography is permitted in public assemblies (more than 6 people), unless directed otherwise by a committee member. Photographers must obtain the permission of individuals or small groups (6 or less people) to photograph them.
9. Attendees must obey legitimate directions of venue staff, committee members and WASFF board members.
Breaches of the rules may result in refusal of membership, revocation of membership, expulsion from the convention, or expulsion from WASFF.
An accessibility coordinator will ensure that venues are evaluated based on their accessibility and will be available throughout the convention to address related issues as they arise.
The Convention Committee sincerely hope that the measures the Convention Committee has put in place will make for a better con experience for all involved.
Swancon Anti-Harassment Policy
Swancon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of convention participants in any form including (but not limited to) offensive verbal comments, physical assault, or unwelcome physical attentions.
Attendees and participants engaging in harassing behaviour will face sanctions and may be removed from the convention.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of Swancon Committee or a WASFF board member.
If you cannot find a committee or board member, anyone at the Swancon registration desk will be happy to assist.Code of conduct